In Japan, butterflies are seen as the personification of a person's soul.
This beautiful insect is also considered a symbol of transformation because of the impressive metamorphosis process it undergoes.
Here will be presented facts and interesting information about butterflies:
1. The butterfly name or in the English 'butterfly' is thought to have originally been used to refer to the Yellow Brimstone Butterfly butterfly species found in Europe.
The butterfly is named 'Butter-colored Fly' which is shortened to 'Butterfly'.
Since then, butterfly has been used to name all butterflies.
|Cute Butterfly Coloring Sheet Print Online|
3. Butterflies and moths belong to the order of Lepidoptera, derived from the Greek words "lepidos" and "pteron" meaning "weights" and "wings".
4. Butterflies have four wings that are actually colored transparent. The various colors of butterfly wings are actually just a form of coating.
Butterfly wings are very fragile, so are color coats on the wings easily damaged to the touch.
5. Many butterflies have a beautiful wing pattern as well as complicated.
This design is intended as camouflage. Some designs suggest an impression to predators that the butterfly is a larger-sized creature.
|Easy butterfly Coloring Pages Animals For Kids|
Best Ocean Animals Coloring Pages For Kids
Adorable Whale Ocean Animals Coloring Pages
6. Patterns on the wings are also useful when the butterfly will mate. Various patterns are useful to attract the attention of the couple.
7. In general, butterflies lay their eggs in different parts of the plant such as leaves, stems, and others.
8. Some butterfly species, such as Lady Painted, are known to fly migrate thousands of kilometers during the winter.
9. Butterflies are found all over the world except in the Antarctic continent.
10. Butterflies can not fly if their body temperature is less than 30 ° C.
11. As a cold-blooded animal, butterflies need to keep warm.
Sunlight is the main source of energy to maintain the warmth of the butterfly's body.
|Best Ideas Butterfly Coloring Pages Print Online For Free|
Look Other Coloring Pages :
Adorable Pony Animals Coloring Pages Online
Cute Baby Farm Animal Coloring Pages
12. Butterflies mainly live in the tropics where there is a wide variety of food and a more friendly climate.
13. Instead of the mouth, the butterfly feeds using a kind of long proboscis called proboscis.
For information, the sense of butterfly flavor is on their feet.
14. The body of an adult butterfly is divided into head, chest, and abdomen. They have six legs.
15. When perched on a flower, the pollen will stick to the butterfly's feet.
Butterflies then bring this pollen to flowers or other plants that help pollinate.
16. Most species of butterflies are active during the day and rest at night.
|Adorable Butterfly Coloring Sheet For Kids|
Download Other Coloring Sheet :
D For Duck Alphabet Coloring Pages Print
Cute Baby Pig Animal Coloring Pages Print
17. The average weight of a butterfly is proportional to two rose petals!
18. Birdwing Butterflies have large wings and angles so that when flying like a bird.
19. Parnassian butterflies are found alive at altitudes of up to 5,000 meters in the Rocky Mountains.
20. As the caterpillar grows, their skin also grows.
The caterpillar must change snake-like skin at least five times before entering the cocoon phase.
21. Butterflies have a very short life span. Some, butterfly species can live 9 to 10 months.
Yet other species live only weeks or even hours.
22. Not all butterflies like nectar. Some types of butterflies like Red Admiral prefer rotten fruits and animal feces.
23. Butterflies emit meconium, red liquid (which looks like blood), which consists of waste material from the cocoon stage.
|Elegant Butterfly For Coloring Sheet|
Download Other Coloring Pages Animals :
Sea Otter Coloring Pages Animal
Lion Animal Coloring Pages For Kids
24. Butterflies Swallowtail regular males gather around mud puddles to get nutrients and minerals from mud.
25. Certain butterfly species, such as Monarch butterflies, produce toxins that prevent predators prey on them.
26. Caterpillars have no bones, but have more than 1000 muscles.
These muscles make the caterpillar move and move from one place to another.
27. Butterflies are fragile creatures. Their population is easily disrupted along with climate change and habitat.
28. Butterflies are a major food source for birds. That's because, the existence of butterflies is important to maintain the ecological balance.
29. Conservation of natural habitats, as well as the reduction of pesticide use, herbicides, and other chemicals are essential to keep the butterfly population.
30. Some butterflies have become a rare species, some of which are extinct.
The Verxes Blue butterfly is an example of an extinct species in 1943.